GROWING YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EQ)
What’s the point of growing our emotional intelligence? Well, for starters, it makes us smarter. It’s true. That’s why they call it emotional intelligence.
Another reason is that it makes you a more skillful communicator. You can speak to and from the emotional undertones in a conversation. This gives you more power in almost every situation.
And by growing your emotional intelligence, you’ll get more expressive. This gives you a charisma that you don’t have access to by staying with your current emotional range and depth.
And your kids will learn greater emotional range and authenticity. They’ll come to value emotional expression and they’ll apply it to all sorts of situations, to their benefit.
JOIN US FOR THIS LIVELY CONVERSATION WITH BEN SEAMAN ABOUT THE INNER LIVES OF MEN
Learn more about Ben: http://www.benjaminseaman.com/about.html
- Graduate, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center, New York, NY
- Co-Founder of the New York Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
- Certified EFT Couples Therapist and Approved Supervisor Candidate
- Level III AEDP Practitioner
- Adjunct Lecturer, New York University Silver School of Social Work
- Masters in Social Work from Fordham University
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Fluent in Spanish / Lived in Latin America
- A former career as Art Director at The Wall Street Journal